Wednesday, October 7, 2009

You Know It's Fall When...

...it's pumpkin pie time. I could not resist this pumpkin pie that I found at Whole Foods Market last weekend. Ummmmm, so good! They make one of the best I've had. Now, I never liked pumpkin pie until about three or four years ago. Never appealed to me before that. Nope. But now, warm pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream on top... oh, yum. The moment I put this in my mouth, thoughts of the holidays popped into my head.

Miss Gracie loves pie, too. Well, she really likes pie crust. However, all the whipped cream confused her and she lapped that up without giving the crust another thought. I'm sure I'll have to fight her for the crust soon.

I'm still sad that summer is over and still in a bit of denial that it's really fall, but I have to say having this pie helped get over that just a bit.

4 comments:

June said...

Sharon, I'm glad that someone else is going into Fall kicking and screaming. It's not fair that you post this picture of that yummy pie just before my bedtime though. I will resist the urge to go to the fridge tonight, but I'll bet by morning I'll be craving pumpkin pie.
Hugs,
June

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Your pumpkin pie looks yummy with the cream.
Over here we mostly have pumpkin in soups or roasted and do not have pumpkin pies, very much.
I have only ever made one.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

T's Daily Treasures said...

I love, love, love pumpkin pie. The pumpkin krunch I made earlier in the week was similar but no crust on the bottom, a crunchy topping that was quite yummy! Pumpkin pie is not pumpkin pie without whipped cream. :) Fall is my favorite time of year. The weather here is nice in the evenings and mornings now, but we never see any change in our environment, no leaves to change color, etc. That's what I miss the most! Enjoy it! Have a great weekend. Tammy

Laura said...

That pie looks delicious! We bought a pumpkin pie last night and I can't wait to dive into it after dinner!

I will definitely miss summer too. :)