Monday, October 5, 2009

October Flea Market Finds Part Deux

Aside from the sweet bunny carriage, I found several other blingy items. Of course, I could not resist these little bracelets. I love to mix old and new, inexpensive with more expensive pieces. But I love finding the inexpensive ones best.
The pieces in front here are single earrings that I can use in my artwork. There is a particular vendor who has a lot of great jewelry but I am always looking for the bargains. In September, I asked her if she had any single earring pieces and she told me she would bring those in October. I rummaged through her bags and found these little pieces for 50 cents each.

One earring contains colored pearls and the other traditional white pearls. So pretty!

Sometimes I purchase the pieces to use in artwork, but find that I actually like wearing them better instead. I will definitely wear the pink pin.

And the little flower pin...

Sometimes I find little watch faces which I think make great embellishments.

More single little earrings...

It's so fun to take out all my treasures when I return home from the flea market. After spending three to four hours there, I often forget everything I've purchased since the beginning of the day.

Oh, did I mention that I also purchased this mirrored tray? I could not resist it, with its lovely floral handles. I also picked up the sheer table cloth with its charming embellishments.

This is a bracelet made with both old and new materials. It was very different than anything else I saw and had a lovely lacey base. And, it's pink. Well, how could I let that go?

At the vendor who had all the jewelry and brought me her single earring pieces, she had also bagged up a ton of broken and random pieces of assorted jewelry. She gave me a deal on these four bags so now I have to empty them to find all the pieces I want to save and use. It was a bit heavy carrying these around but I can't wait to see what's in them.

Aside from the jewels, mirror tray and rabbit carriage, I did purchase this silver glitter because, well, a girl can just never have enough glitter.

Now, I didn't buy this last item at the flea market. Once we left there, I took my sister to Palo Alto for a birthday lunch. While browsing in stores, I found these delicious pink and green brocade fabric brads. Heart, be still. My last purchase of the day.

6 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

What terrific finds. So much to look at when you get home that it seems like Christmas morning when you get to eagerly go through it all. What fun! Love the old/new bracelet. Very unique! And only .50 cents for such pretties. Enjoy all your treasures! Best wishes, Tammy :)

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
What a wonderful treasure chest full of blig bootie you got : )
Oh, I wish I were with you when you found all of these treasures!!!
As soon as I get another car I am going to try to get to a couple of flea markets down her.
Have a great day
hugs
carole

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

What a lot of lovely treasures you got today.
I love all your bling and I am with you love all the inexpensive and old jewels ( they just look so much better)

Hugs
Carolyn

kana said...

I love your blingy finds and really love the pink bracelet!

Jodie LeJeune said...

Oh I LOVE that mirrored tray! You lucky girl!
All of your bling is so pretty...you have some really wonderful pieces there! And four bags to rummage through? Too cool!
I have some of those fabric buttons...you are going to love them! HOWEVER...what's with the glitter Sharon? I've never seen anyone go through glitter like you do.
That's it. You are officially the "Glitter Queen"
(& I'll still consider you a friend anyway :)
everything vintage

Karen said...

Ewwwww . . . I LOVE going through bundled of bags of who knows whats!!!
You can look through it all over and over and still find something new each time!
FUN!