Monday, October 19, 2009

More Second-Hand Fun

Last week, I received an email about a second-hand sale benefiting a local charitable organization. They advertised high-end clothing, jewelry and accessories, so of course I was all over that. While I didn't find any clothes, I did find some other fun items. That pink purse had "Sharon" written all over it!

I also found some new, blingy jewelry. I would not wear these (I don't have pierced ears and they are too long) but I thought how fab they would be for some creative project.

And so I bought two pair, similar but yet different.

Luckily, I did find something I could wear such as these two bracelets. I love bracelets with elastic bands in them and these were nice and sparkly.

This pair of older rhinestone earrings will clip right on some ribbon adorning a package perhaps. Wouldn't that be perfect?

And this pair would make an interesting necklace or decoration. All in all, I was quite pleased with my finds. While I usually eat my lunch working at my desk, going on this treasure hunt was just so much better and a nice way to end the week.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Ohhhh YUMMY! Everything is pretty and sparkley! Oh and the pink purse! I think you are mistaken, it says "KAREN" all over it! Don't you see it? LOL

You first time at SIlver Bella. Take an empty suitcase and lots of pictures!! OH my gosh , you are so going to have a ball!!! I am soooooo jealous! And you have to give Jodie a hug for me. I just think she is a sweetheart!

YAY! Karen

koralee said...

Your finds are lovely....that purse is so sweet...I adore the colour! Thanks you for sharing and giving us ideas about how you may use your special jewels ....I am loving your lovely blog...Miss Gracie is adorable!

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
You always find the best items!!!
Have fun this week.
peace & hugs
carole
Pink is not for me but I love those last ones with the pink stones!!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

We have something in common ~ I do not have pierced ears either.
I love all the things you got at the sale.
Well done and you always seem to get the best.

Hugs
Carolyn

T's Daily Treasures said...

Definitely getting out and about during lunch for a good cause and coming back with treasures is a much more pleasurable experience than eating at your desk! How wonderful! Everything you purchase is so special! Love that pink purse! All the best, Tammy :)

Laura said...

I love it ALL! And it ten times better because it was for a good cause. Wish we had more things like that around here. :)