Saturday, October 17, 2009

More Flea Market Treasures

In my last flea market trip, I bought four ziplock bags of mismatched and broken jewelry. I finally opened them up this week to see what was inside. I was delighted to find this pansy on velvet band.

There were all kinds of different things in the bags. Beads, pins, earrings, bracelets, necklaces and goofy things too (whatever it was, it looked like a bicycle chain!).

I pulled out some of my favorite pieces that have potential.

There were big pieces and little pieces. I'll need to spread it all out again to see what other treasures might be found.

I'll be bringing some of these items in my embellishment box to Silver Bella. Who knows where I might be able to use them during my classes.

Some of the necklaces are still wearable (by me or my mannequin).

The beaded gold collar was an interesting find - it just needs to be sewn back together in one spot.

Lots of pearls were included, some blingy pins and little religious artifacts.

All in all, I am pleased with the tiny treasures buried deep inside these plastic bags. Each one is a mini treasure hunt for possibilities.

9 comments:

aBohemianMarket said...

Good Morning Sharon:
You certainly have a treasure to go through. I can see you spreading everything out and Miss Gracie finding her favorite pieces : )
Have fun!!!
Hugs
carole

T's Daily Treasures said...

What fun going through all those little treasures! Fantastic flea market finds. Best wishes, :) Tammy

Joy Campbell said...

SHaron...what great finds, I love to visit the flea markets and snatch up goodies...I am looking forwaard to meeting you at Silver Bella. I am busy working on my swaps...almost done, but I seem to work better under pressure..so that means I will be working till the last minute..Ha!

Hugs
Joy Campbell

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Sharon, What a fabulous find at the flea market...such pretty little treasures to add to your collection! I also just love the pansy on the velvet ribbon, it is such a lovely color and so vintage looking!
Hugs, Carol Anne

Rachel said...

Great finds!! Can you believe Silver Bella is only a few weeks away?! I have so much to finish and get together!! See you soon!
Rachel

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

You go to some wonderful flea market sales and I just love all the bling and jewels you have shown today. What a great find!

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

This would have been the perfect treasure hunt. It all is too pretty. I love the way you photograph all the beauty in your life.
Hugs,
June

6p00d83453b6c269e2 said...

love all the goodies!! i never have any luck with that stuff!!


smiles, Joy~

Emily-Claire said...

These are great finds! As always, your photographs are gorgeous. What kind of camera do you use?

I hope Miss Gracie is doing well! :)