Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Heart the iPhone

I finally decided to join the modern age and give in to technology. Granted, I've always been a PC girl but I've resisted in other ways. After mulling this over for some time and talking with several people who have one, I made the decision to just do it.

And, am I glad I did. I love this thing. Let me say that again: I love this thing. I've been playing with it all weekend. I purchased it at our local Apple store with the oh-so-young sales staff. I thought it funny when one gal who worked there told me she wasn't very good with technology as she tried in vain to figure out how to get to the iTunes account set up.

Well, I shouldn't talk. The Apple store has all kinds of informational workshops so I went back on Saturday for the iPhone one. I had to laugh at myself because Apple products are known for being so intuitive and here I was at this workshop. As it turned out, I was the only person so I got some one-on-one help in being shown all the different features. Actually, it was really helpful because once I got home, I was more comfortable with it and it all came naturally in setting up each feature. And hey, how about those apps?! I love my camera zoom app.

I can't wait to take video of Nipper eating strawberries, but that will have to wait until Spring. Another thing I really like is the ability to check and send email anywhere, anytime. Or, how about being out and about and needing information about your destination (shops, restaurants, etc.). Best purchase I've made in a long time!

The other thing I did this weekend was almost finishing the shabby bella ornaments. Of course, Miss Gracie was there every step of the way.

Who else loves pink ribbon? Why, Miss Gracie of course!

Do you think she considers it a toy or a possible food source?

I had to keep right on her, lest she begin to chew or otherwise make off with the goods.

And yet, she kept going back for more!

Miss Gracie had her fun and I just need to glue on one final piece. I decided to wait on that as I burned two finger tips with the hot glue gun on Saturday. Oh, that hurt!

9 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I have an iphone too, they are wonderful aren't they.
After having Macs for the past ten years, I just love them and they are so easy to use and look great sitting on your desk.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm so not up with the tech world. I stayed away from blogging for the longest time as I didn't think I would really like it. HA! I'll stick with this for a while before I actually try anything else. Miss Gracie sure likes to be a part of all your crafting. One thing I can't keep in the house is Bamboo -- Jingles nibbles it piece by piece, leaf by leaf, til there is nothing left but stem and roots. Have phone with your iphone.

Kerry McKibbins said...

Welcome to the "cult". We are a family of 3 - 3 people, 3 iPhones, 3 iPods 3 Macs. When we were talking about getting iPhones, I didn't really want one, didn't feel I needed it. I LOVE THAT THING!!! Enjoy it!

Jodie LeJeune said...

I really need to get with the iProgram too I guess. I'm not into all that. Matter of fact, I have an iPod and never use it. I forget to take it with me. Shame on me. But I do like to listen to my iTune list from my PC as I blog. Does that count?
Even though YOU are with the iProgram, I'm looking forward to my iHug in a couple of weeks. Will I need an App for that?
;)
everything vintage

Laura said...

My hubby just got his second iPhone... he loves his too! I am a Blackberry girl, but he is trying to convert me. We'll see! :)

Karen said...

I just got an iPhone also and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Course, I have a Mac Desk Top and a Mac laptop which makes the iPhone SO EASY! Everything synks in the blink of an eye!
I just got my phone, and need to continue to prowl around it and see what other fun app is lurking around the corner.
YAY!

blushing rose said...

Sharon the kitty pics are darling! They are SOOO curious. I can't get into the tech world ... the other night my friend dropped my NEW cell phone & it didn't come on ... we are BOTH so NOT into tech that as the waitress passed by I said 'STOP, we need your help ... can you turn this darn phone on?' A quick push of some button & WAH-LAH!!! We got a good laugh out of our inability, but these kids nowadays ...

Have a wonderful, warm week. TTFN ~Marydon

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
Yeah for coming into the iphone!!! You are going to think it is your right hand : )
The touch and the apps will keep you enthralled for hours. I use to bid on e-bay on my phone until I lost it : (
Fun, fun and more fun : )
Hugs
carole

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Sharon, Darling pictures of your Miss Gracie!! She is very sweet and soooo curious...really cute! :) Oh dear, I think it would take me more than one class to figure out how to use an iPhone! :) Have lots of fun with it!
Hugs, Carol Anne