Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy to Be a Blogger


This morning I was feeling a bit sad when I awoke. While checking my email, I began to read some of the comments that people have left on my blog. Your kind and thoughtful messages to my posts began to cheer me up and I thought to myself “this is one of the reasons why I blog". Feeling inspired, and knowing that taking photographs feeds my spirit, I picked up my camera to take some pictures of things that make me smile. And so, these photos today were taken to cheer me up and hopefully, to bring a smile to your face, too. Thank you, friends, to everyone who takes the time to leave a message, or even just to stop by to see what’s new.

Some glitter waiting to be made into something special.

Crepe paper for making ruffles and rosettes.

The little Eiffel Tower and pink feather Christmas tree.

Yes, it's always good to be queen. But I think I'd rather be a princess!

My new favorite stamp found at Paper Source.

Just foofy.

More foof...

Like a pansy plant, a butterfly always brings a smile to my face.

Such pretty lace paper.

A Christmas cone with a story.

Thank you for visiting today!

9 comments:

June said...

Sharon, your pictures have certainly cheered me tonight and now to bed with a smile on my face and in my heart.
Hugs,
June

T's Daily Treasures said...

Pretty pictures and lots of crafty items always brings a smile to my face. Hope you were cheered for the rest of your day! Peace and blessings, Tammy

Diva Kreszl said...

isn't it amazing how a little trip to visit friends in blogland can make you feel better??? works for me every time!

Rose Brier Studio said...

What beautiful photos Sharon. I love how you have put those fancy borders around them. I want to learn! I know how you feel. Notes on my blog always cheer me up. Thanks for yours.
~Marilee

Jodie LeJeune said...

Your happy thoughts, your photos, and Miss Gracie feeds my spirit too girl...you're one of the first places I visit everyday!!!! I love coming here because it's so beautiful and cheery Sharon!!! Love your magazines, love your crepe paper, love your little vignettes and you know what? I even love YOUR glitter! There, are you happy now? ;)
everything vintage

cindy said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! :D

-c
yapping cat

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

What gorgeous photos Sharon!! All of your pretty things and your sweet words have put a smile on my face! :)
Enjoy your weekend~
Hugs, Carol Anne

Draffin Bears said...

I love all your photos, they always make me smile, especially the wonderful Miss Gracie.
Great to have you as a Blog friend ~ thank you.

Hugs
Carolyn

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

Thanks for the cheery images. I love posts with lists of favorite things. Especially those with pictures to go along.
How do you make rosettes from crepe paper? and also how do you make them from ribbon?? Oh do tell. I am dying to make some!!
♥ Rebecca