Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Mail

Just this week, I received more happy mail. Ever since I was, oh, about four years old, I've loved receiving packages in the mail. I'd have to say it makes it into my top five of things in life. There's nothing like tearing open a box and finding a surprise inside. Heck, I feel the same even when I've ordered the item! Sometimes I even try to forget what I've ordered just so I surprise myself even more. So imagine my delight when I received another surprise package in the mail with some scrumptious little delights inside. Upon opening the box, this little charm was lying right atop the batting.

When I removed the batting, I found these wonderful gifts inside.

These vintage ballerinas will befriend my other two ballerinas. I love the look on their faces. What do you think they are saying?

Oh la la! Copper crown charms! I've never seen them in this color before so I was very excited to receive these. Plus, they are crowns! Aren't they wonderful?

Two more charms in cat motif. Hmmm.... Miss Gracie did make a grab for these.

Speaking of Miss Gracie, she was just as excited about this package as I was. We had a little tug of war going on as I tried to photograph the items.

Here she is spying the little pink chick. You just know she's going to go for it.

Aha! Caught fur-footed! Not to worry, no chicks were harmed in the photographing of this scene. And no kitties were harmed either, once I took that chick out of her mouth!

Thank you to my friend Carole who so graciously chose these little items for me and sent me this surprise. What a sweet friend you are!

8 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What precious gifts you have received
Alison

cindy said...

What a great package! Love those copper charms, gorgeous! And those sweet little dancers too. Ah, Miss Gracie...as bad as mine! :D

-c
yapping cat

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
How funny, Miss Gracie got the pink chick : )
I am so glad you enjoyed your package; you are so delightful and so innocent in receiving that the pleasure is all mine. You are ONE nice, creative & talented lady and I am glad to know and call you Friend!!!
hugs
carole

Laura said...

I always love mail too!

Love all those pins. I especially like those ballerina pins. Probably because I took dance when I was younger. :)

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Sharon,
Ohhhhh, what lovely & sweet gifts you received from Carole! I have to tell you that I love it when you post pictures of Miss Gracie, she always has the cutest expressions on her face!

Love your flea market finds in your previous posts, they are gorgeous! Miss Gracie looks so adorable in that fabulous rabbit carriage too!
Hugs,
Carol Anne

Gifts said...

Hi sharon
You got a wonderful gift and they are looking fabulous.

6p00d83453b6c269e2 said...

i love your little box of goodies!! What a fun little suprise!


Smiles, Joy~

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

What an exciting package and I would be happy too.
I loved seeing the gifts, especially the ballerinas.
I hope that you are having a happy week.

Hugs
Carolyn