Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy It's the Weekend



Last weekend, the lovely Carolyn of Little Bear Studio passed on the Kreativ Blogger award. Thank you for including me in your list, Carolyn! In taking this on, you are supposed to write seven things about yourself. So here are seven random items about me:
  1. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am an open book, totally transparent. I wish that were not true, but it is.
  2. I love to read - anything. I know more about what's in your food because I read every label on every package (and have done that every since I learned to read!). I tend to read books about hobbies or life (for example, I have three photography books on my nightstand along with a huge stack of magazines). Thanks to my sister's numerous magazine subscriptions (along with my own), I read a lot of those too. Aside from all the Stampington publications (Somerset Life, Somerset Home, Artful Blogging, etc.), I also read Victoria, National Geographic, Time, Newsweek, Real Simple, Food Network, Entertainment Weekly, Consumer Reports and several more.
  3. I have a container garden mostly in my front garden. I have a thing about touching bugs in the soil so I use packaged soil to avoid finding bugs in the dirt.
  4. My desk at work is messier than I'd like. Somehow, no matter how many times I organize all my papers, by the end of the day it's back to a huge pile all over my desk. Hence, constant reorganization!
  5. I have naturally straight hair but all my life I've wanted curly hair. My second grade photo shows me with a little pixie cut and goofy pin curls because I apparently insisted to my mother that I must have curls. Now that my hair is long, you'll never see me with straight hair as I curl it every day and have for years. I'm sure if I was born with curly hair I would have only wanted straight hair all these years.
  6. Exercise is just not fun. Yes, I do feel good after I do it, but honestly, I'd really rather be doing something else. So hard to keep motivated...
  7. I used to be an active member of Toastmasters International. Years ago, I had a huge fear of public speaking, but completely turned that around by participating in this club. In fact, I grew to really enjoy it and received a number of awards in local competitions. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to speak better.
So there you have it... a little bit about me. Now, I'm going back to finish up swap #4 today (shabby bella ornaments) for Silver Bella. Miss Gracie already tried to make a run for it with ribbon and tinsel in her mouth but I stopped her in her tracks. I hope you enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I enjoyed learning more about you.
Isn't that the truth people with straight hair want curly!
thanks for playing along.

Have a great weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

Sharon I loved learning all this about you! It's so funny about the curly hair, because I have curly hair and always wanted straight so I often straighten my hair. How funny that we don't just love what we already have.
Hugs,
June

blushing rose said...

Sharon, TY for sharing a little more of yourself. It is always fun to learn a bit more of our friends.

Have a beautiful weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
You are an interesting lady!!!
I would never think of you as disheveled or disorganized : )
Straight/curly, long or short all of it is cool with me.
Hugs
carole

Jodie LeJeune said...

Oh Sharon, You are a Kreativ blogger indeed ~ with the help of Miss Gracie of course!
I loved learning these things about you, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who dislikes bugs!
I love all of the photos of Miss Gracie in the previous post. She's such a good subject to photograph!!!
Finish those swaps girl~
everything vintage

T's Daily Treasures said...

Happy weekend to you! Mine is over as the weekend in Kuwait is Friday and Saturday so it is back to work on a Sunday. :( Letter S is so very pretty. I recently bought some wooden letters I came across. Saw a craft idea on another blog I would like to give a try. Hard to find the proper supplies in this country. No Hobby Lobby down the streets. My tomorrow-turning-11-year-old, Zack, hates bugs. I used to chase and dig for bugs when I was growing up. I think it is my kindergarten picture that shows me sporting the Toni-curl look -- do you remember those curling rods? Not a good look for me. My hair does its own thing now and I keep it shorter as it is easier. Happy creating and swapping! Best wishes, Tammy

YSLGuy said...

Im with you on the exercise. I always feel great about myself afterwards. It's just hard to get the energy and motivation to get up and get to the gym though.