Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Books of Inspiration

I love browsing in book stores and can spend hours there. Recently, I was at Border's books on University Avenue in Palo Alto and found my way to the home decorating section. These three books wound up going home with me.

I adore Cath Kidston's vintage style and knew I'd find a use for her journal book. The Emotional House is about how decoration and design can impact your life. And the last book is just chock full of vintage items and decorating tips.

Even though this has pages for notes about different parts of your house, I'm thinking of repurposing it for another use. Really, it's just because I love the pages so much.

Look how fun the inside of this journal book is... so colorful and happy.

Flowers, stripes, bright cheery colors... I must think about what exactly I want to use it for.

It even has pockets to put notes, fabric swatches and other things in.

The back of the book is vintage pretty, too.

I'm excited to read this book although I've not yet found the time. I really believe that color, placement and style can have an affect upon how you feel in your home. Several years ago, I painted much of my house from yucky putty white to cheery yellow. It has made all the difference in how I feel.

Lastly, Vintage vaVoom contains oodles of items that are collectible or just wonderful to have in a space. Lots of ideas in here too. Now, to find the time to read these books. I might have to give up my new issue of Cat Fancy magazine and begin one of these.

5 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

You must stay up late every nite as I am finding that you posted most recently. I am not sure of the time difference but it is Thursday 8 am here and I am already at the office. Your books are so pretty just to look at so I am sure the inside is equally enchanting! Your home definitely can affect your mood. When I start to feel that things are out of place and messy, I start to feel overwhelmed, but when it is clean and (mostly) orderly, I feel a sense of peace and crafting is in order. Lately I've been spending too much time browsing through all the wonderful blogs out there. :) It's addictive to say the least! I painted all the rooms in our place -- everything was white, now each room is a different color. That made me very happy! Have a great Thursday! All the best, Tammy

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

What beautiful books you brought home.
They all look wonderful but the Cath Kidston's Dream home journal looks amazing, I love the colours and design.
I know what you will be enjoying reading this weekend!

Have a happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

twinkleshabbystar said...

Hi Sharon!
What fabulous books! Im a huge Cath Kidson fan! Such bright happy cheery colors and patterns. Hope you get to spend a quiet evening soon curled up on a sofa enjoying your new books. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I would be delighted if you signed up for Petticoats & Parasols. You will fall in love with Savannah!!!I look forward to meeting you at Silver Bella! :) Hugs! Jenn

June said...

Hi Sharon, I love Vintage Vavoom. I'm always going through that one. I'm a decorating book freak.
Hugs,
June

Laura said...

I love that dream home journal! I am going to have to go check that out on Amazon! :)