Sunday, September 6, 2009

September Flea Market Finds

It was another great day at the flea market yesterday. I totally scored with all kinds of good stuff and at good prices. I got this silver necklace with a pink rhinestone in the center at a favorite booth that carries a very eclectic mix of goods. It's the same booth I usually find the good vintage ribbon. As you can see, a little someone just had to get into this shot again.

I was looking for a little white shelf and this was adorable. The vendor said it was previously an ugly brown but she painted it white and it totally changed the look. This will be going in either my bedroom or the inspiration room.

At the same booth I found the necklace, I also found this cake serving set. I can always use another one and the price was right. The handles are a pearly type of material.

Broken belt buckles, but very blingy. I bought four at 50 cents each and my mom took one today when she saw them. Go mom (she's 79)!

How could I resist this sweet little spoon with the tiny pick rose? I'd love to use it in an art project. However, that will have to wait until I think it up! The little gloved hand will hold papers and notes. Very "handy"!

Oooooohhhhhh, I loved this frame the minute I saw it. It has beautiful detail. It will be an inspiration board most likely. I'm thinking of using pink dupioni silk inside of it.

This is from one of my favorite ribbon booths where the you-measure-it-yourself ribbon is either 5 yards for $1 or 20 yards for $1 depending on the ribbon. I've already used the blue and gold cord for a Halloween project today.

A roll of pink velvety ribbon and a sweet tea bag holder...they are both pink. Enough said.

These are half of the items I purchased. In my next post, I'll show you the bling plus some additional items including the heavy one. I have to admit my back was hurting a bit from carrying all of these items by the time I left. I also wore a pedometer to see how many steps I'd walk going up and down the rows. It looked like about 6,000 or so which is about 2 1/2 miles. It's a good workout on the legs and wallet!

8 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Sharon what fabulous things you bought at the flea market, I love the little shelf
Alison

Jodie LeJeune said...

Awe, Miss Gracie had my full attention at the first photo! too cute!!
Great finds Sharon...I love everything!
However, I couldn't stay too long here...is that GLITTER framing your photos? Are you trying to keep me away darling??? ;)
everything vintage

A Fanciful Life said...

Hi Alison, I love that shelf too. I don't think there isn't anything a little white paint can't fix!

Oh Jodie, you are good. Yes, those are glitter frames but they are not there to ward you off. I thought your glitter allergy only applied to the real thing. These can't make you sneeze - lol!

Sharon

Emily-Claire said...

Ah, the flea market... You never know what kind of treasures you might find! I think my favorite is the little shelf. Do you know what you'll put on top of it?

It seems Gracie has good taste too! :)

rochambeau said...

Great Finds, especially the hand! Fabulous Sharon!

Constance

miss lynn said...

i love your bargains, girl!
it is the thrill of the hunt,
isn't it!!?? looks like you
scored, and we've only seen
half! happy day!

Karen said...

Eewwwwwwww . . . wonderful finds! LOVE the belt buckles!!!! And the paw makes that shot just that much more precious!
Great post! What Flea Market were you at?

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I love how Miss Gracie enjoys getting into your photos ~ sweet.
Also what a lot of neat things you got today especially like the blingy belt buckles.
I have a pedometer too and it is great to see how far you walk in a day.

Hugs
Carolyn