Monday, September 7, 2009

September Flea Market Finds - Part Deux

Welcome back to part two of my latest flea market adventure. This is just lovely... flowers pins for 25 cents each. They shall adorn Miss Mannequin until another use pops into my head.

Another fun find. In the class I've been taking from Jenni Bowlin called Re-purpose, Re-think, Re-invent, she mentioned how she uses vintage scales as decorative items. Since that was planted in my head, I spotted three of them last Saturday. This was the third and I liked it best of all. A little negotiating and it was mine. Its new home is in my kitchen. I found the carrots at a garage sale quite some time ago. I have a thing for fake food but don't they look perfect here?

Who can resist a little box with six separate compartments for baubles?

Ah, more trim. The brown velvet just may find itself on the art pieces for my Silver Bella Inspiration Apron swap.

And, now for the bling! Total score on finding several pieces including single earrings, pins and pieces that I could not figure what they were previously. Love the variety.

And here is a sweet little bowl perfect for holding the baubles.

The earrings on the right are most unusual. They appear to be ballerinaa floating on balloons. At least, that's the best I can make them out to be.

I am imagining some of these pretties adorning some lovely ribbons on future projects.

This glass bowl is hard to see but it has etched roses on the bottom. My favorite bling is the piece on the right. It is from a watch and so pretty. Found at a dollar table! So there you have it, more fabulous finds from the flea market. I'm thinking I should not go back next month since I'm running out of space and need to save my pennies. However, two vendors are bringing in some items from me. One is the jewelry lady who is bringing her bag of broken and mismatched items. How much fun is that to rummage through!

1 comment:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I love all the treasures you got today.
The scales are lovely and I adore the little ballerinas

Hugs
Carolyn