Saturday, September 5, 2009

Flea Market Saturday

It' the first Saturday of the month which means it's time for the monthly flea market. I so look forward to this day; it's becoming a habit now. Today I'm looking for ribbon and sparkley rhinestone pins. Oh, and vintage wallpaper which I've yet to see there. Afterwards, a trip to Whole Foods Market for lunch and then off to the craft stores.

Before I can continue on my Silver Bella swaps, I have a project to make some Halloween masks. I have some exciting news regarding this project, which I'll share more of later on. For now, I'll be spending the next few days of this holiday weekend (yippee!) working on those, then anxiously getting back to the swaps. My next-up swap is the Apron Inspiration swap where we make 14 small art pieces (3 x 5") which the hostess will assemble onto an apron base for each participant. I have my design ready, I just need to go into production mode on that, and soon, since it is due October 1. I'm looking forward to this one, as it really will be an art piece when it is finished. How fun to see 14 different squares (one from each participant) that will make up this apron. I'm off to get ready for a busy day!

1 comment:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I love the old gramophone picture.
What an exciting apron swap and I look forward to seeing the finished one.
Good luck at the flea market and I hope that you get some lovely things.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn