Thursday, September 10, 2009

Christmas Every Day

Such a beautiful Christmas bow... I found a bag of these at a garage sale some weeks ago. I know they were meant for Christmas decorations, but I've always believed, why wait for Christmas? Honestly, if you came to my house you would see a number of decorations that were actually Christmas ornaments but I've re purposed them into whimsical decor. It makes me happy to see them. My mom has told me that when I was a child staying home sick from school, I would ask her to play Christmas music for me, no matter what they month was. That has never left me. Why wait to celebrate? If it makes you happy, just do it! So I promptly took one from the bag and adorned my little Eiffel Tower.

This little butterfly came in a package at another garage sale. He had a brown base (gosh, what do you call that part on a butterfly?) which I did not find attractive. So, of course, out came the... (Jodie, cover your eyes at this next part) glitter! A little glitter can make anything look better. Heck, I'm wearing some right now!

P.S. If you are wondering why I sometimes mention Jodie when I talk about glitter, read this post on her blog everything vintage. She is just too funny!

6 comments:

Jodie LeJeune said...

:)
Are you going to be "glitter-free" when I give you a big hug at Silver Bella????
You are so funny girl...with your glitter attire!
everything vintage

ps...I totally agree about the Christmas music. Playing it year around is always a must at my home too!!!

Katie - My Paisley Apron said...

I love Christmas music at any time of the year! It's so happy and festive and makes you feel wonderful!

Karen said...

I. Love. Christmas. Period. Always have. Always will. Decorating is always over the top.
And I love Jodie too! :)
Great post!
Except I wanna go to Silver Bella too!!!!!!!! WHAAAAAAA! :(

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Lovely post and why wait until Christmas to share the pretty things and music.
I laughed when you made Jodie turn away when the glitter came out.
Love the Eiffle tower with bow and the butterfly with the glittery back.

Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

I love how you think! It seems I'm always singing a Christmas song. Love the photos AND the glitter.
Hugs,
June

The Victorian Parlor said...

Beautiful!!! I love the idea of using Christmas decorations year round:).

Blessings,

Kim