Friday, August 21, 2009

Silver Bella Banner Swap Sneak Peek

Almost done....! I had to make six of these banner pennants for the swap. In return, I'll get six back, one each from six different people. The actual name of this swap is the Vintage Winter Sparkle Banner Swap.

I am 95% finished with these. I still have to glitter up the bodies of the butterflies and attach them. For the middle of the pennant, I used the German glass glitter and was I thrilled with the result. I am in love with this glitter and can't wait to get more in other colors. I've heard that some people have an allergy to glitter (ahem... Jodie), which is unfortunate. Life without glitter is like, well, I'm not quite sure but I can't imagine creating without it!

I was really happy with the way these came together with my palette of blue, silver and cream. We were instructed to use vintage shades of pink, blue, aqua, cream, white plus silver and gold in any combination.

Each one is slightly different from the other as I could not resist mixing things up a bit. And would you believe that even though Miss Gracie helped, they appear to be relatively fur-free! I can't wait to see what the other Bella's have created!

10 comments:

roostreehouse said...

Ohhhh my, those are the love-love-lovliest pennants ever! Just perfect!
{{sigh}}}
Wish I were a crafty goddess too....
:-) Have a great day!

Jodie LeJeune said...

(cough)
YOUR
{scratch}
PENNANTS
(ah chew!)
ARE
{sniff}
BEAUTIFUL!

;)
everything vintage

ps...I'm going to take some Benadryl for my ALLERGIES...I'll be back soon! ;)
Did I tell you how gorgeous these were???? :)

A Fanciful Life said...

Why, thank you so much roostreehouse and Miss Jodie. I truly enjoyed working on these, once I was able to finally place the paper and start doing something!

Katrina said...

very vintage and elegant!! great job!

Emily-Claire said...

Thank you so much for becoming a follower of my blog! Your creations and blog pictures are absolutely stunning! I will definitely be back to see more :)

DeeDee said...

wow, these are just stunning....

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

They are absolutely beautiful and the recipients are going to be so happy.
I can't wait to see what you are going to get back.

Hugs
Carolyn

Bee Serendipitous said...

Hi Sharon...they are stunning..the colors are pure royalty and your work is awesome...thanks for the peek...have a honey of a night - sweet dreams! Marlene

kana said...

Just beautiful Sharon....great job!!!

Cassandra said...

Oh wow this is AMAZING! Simply stunning, beautiful detail. Thanks for sharing. :)