Friday, August 28, 2009

Silk Roses Don't Need Water!

Today it was 91 degrees and humid! Now, I really didn't even know until I left work late this afternoon as I was in an air conditioned building all day. As I arrived home, I thought "Oh, my poor plants"! Yes, my flowers were dry, thirsty and tired. I gave them a nice long drink right away and am hoping they will perk up overnight. So in the spirit of beautiful flowers, I've posted one of my silk roses. This one adorns a cream ribbon that holds an oval mirror.

I hope to finish posting my pink cupcake photos this weekend - so many cupcakes, so many photos, so many decisions! But first, I must prepare for my dad's 85th birthday lunch on Sunday. Yea Dad! It starts with a trip to the farmer's market for a berry pie for dessert. I'm hoping the gorgeous produce will inspire the main entree as I don't know what that will be yet. So much to do...

Wishing all of you a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

carole said...

Hi Sharon:
A beautiful silk rose!!!
Have a wonderful day with your Dad for his birthday. The berry pie sounds delicious too.
Humidity is horrible down here too.
hugs
carole

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

.... and they last and are beautiful.
Did you make it?
Have a wonderful day on Sunday celebrating your Dad's birthday. Wishing him a happy birthday.

Hugs
Carolyn