Thursday, August 20, 2009

Scrapbook Expo 2009

A few weekends ago, I went to the annual Scrapbook Expo show. I signed up for three classes and spent the in-between time browsing the vendor's booths. I adore anything velvet, so I was able to find these autumn-toned velvet leaves to add to my velvet leaf collection.

Ohhhh, new pink flowers! I hope to use these beauties soon, as they are begging to be made into something beautiful.

I've always wanted these appliques so I finally broke down and bought a small assortment. Melissa Frances has some wonderful vintage style embellishments. I was fortunate to take one of my classes from her. It was a surprise to see she was teaching but I was happy to meet her and her fiance who managed her booth. He was a hoot - offering me a basket and then telling me he had none! Have to say that the chandeliers hanging in their booth were most delicious.

More bling! Pink rhinestones on sale for $1 a package at the Queen & Co booth. They had several other colors as well and I got some of the clear ones, too.

Each year, there is a booth where almost everything is $1. A herd of women make for that booth the moment the door opens and a long line forms as many bargains are scooped up. I'm not a fan of lines, so I waited until the afternoon when there were fewer people. I just love these fabric covered button brads. A super bargain, I thought! These are a few of my favorite items from this year's trip. I always look forward to this because there are so many booths - a great assortment of items in one place. Now, to use the new embellishments is the next challenge!

4 comments:

kana said...

Sharon,
Looks like you picked up some nice, new products at the craft expo. Loving your little helper Gracie! I really love your banner swap sneak peaks...it looks really pretty! Maybe I will be motivated to get mine going as well.

Katie - My Paisley Apron said...

Ooh, I need to find some shows like that! I grew up in such a small town that it never even occurs to me that, now that I live in Denver, there might be such things as crafts shows or events or anything. It looks like a lot of fun!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

What fun it must have been, at that show.
I love all the things you got, especially the vintage style embellishments.

Enjoy your weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Queenmothermamaw said...

I would have loved to have been there. I am going to an outing tomorrow where there will be fabrics from India, Africa and Belize. I hope I can pick up some beauties.
QMM