Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pink Summer

Now that it's getting dark outside much earlier, and darker in the wee morning hours, it's made me think about the onset of autumn. Not that I want summer to end, mind you - summer is my favorite time of year.

I like the freshness and lightness of summer. Of soft quilts, and light airy colors. Especially pink, in every shade.

The sunlight as it arrives in the afternoon on the west side of the house. How Miss Gracie plops herself into the first tiny bit of sun on the floor.

Wearing shorts and tee shirts and going barefoot. Having a big salad for dinner. Eating cold watermelon on a warm day.

Leaving the windows open and letting the fresh air float through the house. I like everything about summer.

So, I am hoping to hold onto summer as long as I can. Yes, September is just days away and that means autumn, sweaters and holidays. Oh, I'll enjoy that as well but summer is my favorite time of year. Miss Gracie's, too.

8 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Beautiful Summertime photos.
I love how pretty everything looks and Miss Gracie
catching some warmth in the sunshine.

Enjoy your weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

cindy said...

you have such a pretty house! sadly, i have far too much clutter for my house to be this pretty and pristine!

Jodie LeJeune said...

How lovely Sharon, what a beautiful room! I love the way you described your favorites of Summer. Your photos are so pretty too! It's hard to believe that September is just around the corner...so does Miss Gracie love Autumn too???

Scrappy Jessi said...

Hey sweets,

thanks for popping in.
eekk i love all the pink.
so pretty.
Hope you are having a fabulous weekend.
oxoxo,
jessi

parasols and maryjanes said...

The room is so restful, peaceful, and pink--the best color.
Carol

faerie enchantment said...

What beautiful photos, love all the pink.
Magic and Joy!
Lisa!

Diva Kreszl said...

Hey...what is my kitty doing sitting in your window???

June said...

I feel the same way about summer. I adore it. I love all your lovely photos of all your summer goodness.
Smiles,
June