Friday, August 14, 2009

Of Birds, Butterflies and Blues

Do you like my new birdie? I could not resist bringing him home.

He is the new addition to my creative space, perched on the shoulder of my mannequin.


A week later, I found this wonderful butterfly, all feathered, glittered and rhinestoned.

She is resting on miss mannequin's tulle skirt.

How could I possibly resist anything so sparkley?

Speaking of sparkles, I am ready to begin my Silver Bella Vintage Winter Sparkle Banner Swap items. With the fabric pages 98% complete, I am moving on to the second of the five swaps in which I'm participating. I only have to make six pieces (all identical) so my goal is to complete it this weekend. I put together all the possible items I might want to use for these last weekend. It turned out I had way more than I could ever use, so I narrowed it down to these yummy pieces. Next step: piecing this together into beautiful banner pennants!

5 comments:

icandy... said...

Love your new birdie!!! And, your butterfly!
Hugs!

cindy said...

I love the curly tail of your birdie! So sweet. And I'm sure your manni adores her new embellishments! :D

Can't wait to see how your swaps finish out...the ingredietns look lovely.

-c

Draffin Bears said...

How sweet that you have pined the birdie and butterfly on your mannequin ~ that is lovely.

enjoy your weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Jodie LeJeune said...

Okay Miss Sharon...you HAVE to show us some sneak peeks!!!! I can't believe that you are in FIVE swaps! Where oh where do you find the time? Miss Gracie must be a REALLY big help!!!!
;)
everything vintage

ps...your banner goodies look so pretty with all of the blue and sparklies!!!!!!

Boracay beach resort said...

The birdie and butterfly are both very beautiful. This is such a very lovely post. Wonderful!!!