Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Miss Gracie, the Bella Cat

The good news is I've made great progress with my fat fabric pages for the Silver Bella swap. I have only to add the final bling, which I hope to find at the vendor sale this Friday at Scrapbook Expo. Last weekend when I was working on the pages, Miss Gracie decided to "help".

She plopped herself down on the table in the midst of my pages and embellishments, looking very innocent. Of course, I'm wise to that old cat game!

"No, really. I'm just sitting here. I won't touch anything. I promise not to eat your flowers, ribbons, or buttons. Reallllllly." Hmmm, well, I'm wise to that one too!

"Oops, my paw got away from me!" My kitchen rule is No Paws on the Cutting Board. My art project rule is No Paws on the Art. If only the bits and baubles weren't so enticing. After a $200 vet bill to x-ray my past kitty Mittens after she ate the wire from my gathered ribbons, I've learned to keep two eyes on them at all times.

The good news is that even though she picked up the button on the ribbon with her mouth, I quickly took it out. So to all you Bellas in the swap, I can't guarantee the page to be fur-free but you'll know it was made with love from Miss Gracie and me.

15 comments:

carole said...

Cheers to Miss Gracie and Sharon:
I love her and she is so beautiful. She has impeccable taste/style. See, what happens when she is in the creative enviornment : )
Plus, it surely helps that she is soooooooooo photogenic : )
Hugs
carole

KarenSue said...

she is adorable, and I'm sure you truly needed the 'help'

Queenmothermamaw said...

I loved the pictures of the brown and the pink in the flower, made for a very nice composition.
QMM

Draffin Bears said...

Glad you have Miss Gracie to help with the project. Funny how they love to sit right where you want to work. The photos are beautiful.

Hugs
Carolyn

A Fanciful Life said...

Yes, I have to admit that she is adorable ;-)
A project just wouldn't be the same without cat fur! Thank you for your nice comments, friends.
Sharon :-)

cindy said...

She is so sweet! And yep, I keep a watchful eye in the Studio as well, as tinsel, brads and especailly ribbon is always a kitty fave over here! :D Sweet post!

-c
yapping cat

parasols and maryjanes said...

Oh, I love that she was helping. I don't know which fat book swap you are in, but I hope it's one that I am in also--thinking about the little missy would make the swap even more fun.
Carol R

Queenmothermamaw said...

Dear Sharon, thank you so very much for your kind words and encouragement for my daughter. Blessings to you.
QMM

Deb said...

What a beautiful cat! We're cat sitting our daughters two fur babies at the moment & "cat proofed" the downstairs for them :-)

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello~I've just strolled into your blog for my first visit...I've enjoyed taking a peek at your past posts. What beauty! You've got so many wonderful treasures.
We share a lot in common... starting with kitty love.
I've bookmarked you in my favs.
I look forward to coming by your charming blog again.
Come by for a visit. The company would be nice.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

kana said...

Gracie is a good helper!

Michelle Shefveland said...

Happy to meet you through the book's blog party...love your web border and photo embellishing!

Emily-Claire said...

Miss Gracie is quite adorable! I absolutely love your style and the beautiful frames you put around all of your pictures. It really adds to the blog and it makes my eyes happy :)

I love hearing about your flea market finds! Keep up the great work!

icandy... said...

Hi Sharon!
Miss Gracie is very sweet! I just love kitties!

Hugs, Christina

Jodie LeJeune said...

Sharon, you are too funny! Now everytime I'll flip through my Silver Bella Fat Book (once I receive it)...I will be thinking of the dedication and hard work that Miss Gracie has put into helping you with those pages! Too cute! She is indeed a Bella Kitty!!!
everything vintage