Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Join the Blogging for Bliss Blog Party

Today is the day!


In celebration of the release of Tara Frey's book Blogging for Bliss, Kari Ramstrom of ArtsyMama is having a blog party. What a fabulous idea! Kari is asking bloggers to post anything on the theme of Blogging for Bliss. Be sure to visit her site for the list of all the participating blogs. I've only been blogging since February but I'm hooked. I first started my blog because I wanted to connect with other women who shared the same creative passions as me. It has provided me with so much more. I'm inspired by the many fabulous blogs that I've since found. Blogging has also been a great way to improve my photography. It forces me to constantly be taking pictures which I love to do.

The hardest part has been the learning curve beyond the basics. That is, figuring out how to customize and enhance it. I often see something on another blog and think "how did she do that?". The most challenging part is keeping up with all the blogs out there. I'd love nothing more than visiting all of them each day, but there are too few hours and sooooo many blogs but I do visit as many as I can each day.

Knowing that people are interested in visiting my site has been very gratifying. I'm so appreciative of the comments I receive; they really mean a lot to me. It was so exciting when I started seeing all the countries that visitors had come from. Me, a home-town girl who has always lived close to home in California, being able to communicate with these wonderful ladies the world over!

When I saw that Blogging for Bliss had been released, I rushed to my local Barnes & Noble to pick it up. I even went through a red light albeit I didn't intend to! It has wonderful photos and is filled with tidbits of information and ideas. I'm so happy there is a book on blogging just for creatives. I would be pleased to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment. Now, go on over to visit the other blogs in the party. Hurry, don't be late!

24 comments:

Lesley said...

Your blog is beautiful!! Thank you for sharing it. You can visit mine at lkailani.typepad.com

Claudia said...

Oh, it is so nice to discover your blog! Blogging has been amazing for me, too. What a wonderful creative community we've found. Thanks so much for sharing your blogging bliss!

Sheila R said...

Visiting all the lovely blogs in the party line up. So enjoying your blog... and another SB attendee. Hope to see you there.

Alison Gibbs said...

This blog party is such fun and getting to meet more bloggers is just the icing on the cake
Alison

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Sharon:
Your blog is lovely. It's nice to get to know another newer blogger!
Hugs,
Donna

13goingon47 said...

Your blog is gorgeous. Can't believe you've only been blogging since February. We look forward to "hanging out in your 'hood" in the future!

Junque Couture said...

I am new to blogging as well! Your blog is inspiring!

Joy at Cupids Charm said...

Hi Sharon! Your blog is great!! You've jumped into blogging with both feet and it's easy to see your passion. Enjoy the party! ~ xo Joy

KarenHarveyCox said...

Your blog is beautiful. When I saw the book, I too rushed to the book store to find it. It is so well written and beautiful, but then again everything that Tara Frey does is lovely.

Karen

merryheart2 said...

just visiting some of the blogs joining in on the party. your blog is awesome. i'll have to come back for a longer visit.
sandra

LiLi M. said...

I totally agree with you. I am a bit jealous though that there is no book store that carries it yet over here! Ok there is the internet, but ordering a book without feeling and seeing it, just isn't the same. Enjoy your copy!

shesleepswithseaglass said...

Happy Blog Party Day!
It gave me a chance to come and play on your beautiful blog!

:)

Bella

Rhondi said...

I am a blissful blogger too. Isn't it amazing how much blogging enriches your life! I'm glad Imet you today.
((hugs)) Rhondi

Gypsy Mermaid said...

Hey chickadee! I love your blog! It is amazing where ppl come from to see your blog!! I hope you get someone from all over the world! Big mermaid hugs

toodles-
sarah

Ex Somnium, Color said...

I am so happy to discover your blog -it's great!
I really like your aesthetic...
What fun meeting all the Blogging for Bliss partiers!
Best regards,
Kathleen

Katie - My Paisley Apron said...

Your blog is gorgeous, and I love your photography! I know what you mean about needing to improve for the blog - after I started blogging, I started looking around at other blogs - and man, they had some pretty pictures on them! I feel like mine has improved just up to basic... and I hope it keeps getting a lot better. Thanks for sharing your blog!!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Sharon, Aren't blog parties fun???...coming across blogs like yours is definitely the best part! Hope you stop by someday, we'd love to have you over!

lisazahnwrites said...

Gorgeous blog! Happy Blog Party Day!

I love junking and shabby chic, too. I'm happy to find your lovely blog...

bethany said...

Cheers, cheers, cheers to blogging for bliss! I feel like I should raise a mouse or keyboard and "toast" to this wonderful day.

Isn't it incredible, how finding a "silly little place" online can impact you so significantly?

Love your photos!

Rosy Lady said...

Lovely blog, your photos are gorgeous!

Bee Serendipitous said...

Hi Sharon, your blog is aweseome & photography is great!...thanks for sharing! have a honey of a night! sweet dreams! grace & peace 2 U Marlene

ArtsyMama said...

What a wonderful post and a gorgeous blog! Thanks for playing along today.
Cheers to blogging!
Kari

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Your blog is always fun to visit and I love what you are up to and creating.
I agree, it is hard to keep up to date with all the blogs. I went away for a few days and so much catching up.

Hugs
Carolyn

objectifs said...

Hi,
That's a great profile, Sharon. I just sent the link to it to a couple of friends.