Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Great Garage Sale Find

Last weekend, I got up early and visited a few local garage sales. Since I don't have kids, I often bypass the houses that whose front yards are loaded with kid's toys, clothes and baby items. However, this time I decided to stop and was I glad I did. I have been lusting for a pair of rain boots for decoration and luckily for me, this house had two kids who had outgrown their boots. The larger pair is near my red front door as I like the juxtaposition of colors.

The smaller pair I placed nearby in my front entrance also, close to the yellow pansies.

I'm so pleased with this purchase. I've seen the rain boots made into planters. I would just need to fill them up with dirt and place a plant atop. However, I like the playfulness of this pair just sitting here, as if maybe it might rain at any time!

5 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Beautiful Sharon, love the brightness and cheeriness of the yellow, at the front door.
It makes a lovely welcoming touch to your home.

Enjoy your week
Hugs
Carolyn

Queenmothermamaw said...

How cute and creative. I am planning on painting my front door red also. It is mostly glass, but I sure do like the red. It is funny how we think, not stopping where you see kids clothes, etc. I do the same thing. Now look what you almost missed.
QMM

Bee Serendipitous said...

Too funny Sharon...I too am single & don't have any kids but I have a pair of the SAME boots on my front porch...I'm going to put ivy growing out mine...I tried to remember to take a pic of it & put it on my blog...too funny...have a honey of a nigh - sweet dreams! grac & many blessings 2 "U" Marlene

Alison Gibbs said...

That is such a great look and they are so cheerful looking sitting next to your wonderful red door
Alison

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Love the simplicity of them! They are so childlike and adorable!