Saturday, August 29, 2009

Garage Sale Success

Today I went late to some garage sales (you know, after 99% of the treasures have been sold). But, I still had some luck! I like this metal storage basket for storing supplies.

This cute Betty Boop clock is for my niece. I'm going to mail it to her as a surprise.

A great find! This large picture (about 3 1/2 feet wide) was only $5. I get so excited when I find great stuff at super low prices.

I found two costumes that belonged to a woman used for dance programs when she was a teenager. Well, she was waaaay past that age now but she had kept them all these years. I love having costumes around for photos or holidays.

This one is kind of funny with all the leaves on it. Can you see the leaves attached to the shoulder? I feel like I should make a matching hat so I can be the girlfriend of the jolly green giant in it!

This small silver bowl is a trick... I didn't buy it at a garage sale; rather, I shopped my own garage where I have some items stored but have not used. I decided it would make a great container for some sparklies. If you know of a quick and easy way to clean silver, I'd love to know. Next week, the monthly flea market!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

really cute finds! :)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Well done for all the lovely things you got today.
Cleaning silver, I use Silvo,which is not a nice job but if anybody has anything else to make it easier, I would be happy to hear.

Hugs
Carolyn

stephanie said...

Aren't garage sales just the best fun? Those costumes are great!