Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer = Fruit

One of my favorite things about summer is the fruit. I get a lot of it at the weekly farmer's market where it's an experience to shop. I found a new variety of strawberries called the Albion and it was the sweetest I've ever tasted. Heirloom tomatoes have recently come in and I've been enjoying them, too. You must savor those tomatoes because you can only get them July through early October. But what a treat! I recommend them in any recipe. And on a hot day, cold watermelon sure tastes good. I hope you are enjoying the summer fruits. Nectarines are a particular favorite of mine. Which fruit is your favorite?

7 comments:

Queenmothermamaw said...

I have eaten enough Bing cherries to become a cherry. I love them for snacks. Grapes too. I don't want to make a pie with the cherries, just love to eat them raw.
QMM

cindy said...

i LOVE watermelon! :) by far, it is my favorite summer fruit!

carole said...

Hi Sharon:
Peaches, nectarines, cantaloupe, kiwi, seedless Thompson grapes, kumquats, guavas, mangoes, papayas, blackberries, raspberries, and thinking : )
Heirloom tomatoes are particularly delicious!!!
Have a wonderful day
Hugs
carole

Jackleen said...

Sharon, I love watermelon too. Have you ever seen yellow watermelon? I did a post on my blog about the yellow watermelon I found in Egypt a couple months ago. :o)

DeeDee said...

Sharon.I love this time of year just for the farmers markets... I so wish I could attend Silver Bella....I am from Sioux City, but I live in Texas now...what a fun event for that area...will watch for your up dates on this..have fun

A Fanciful Life said...

QMM: I love cherries too!
Cinday: nothing like cold watermelon on a hot day!
Carole: What yummies fruits!
Jackleen: I looooove yellow watermelon too!
DeeDee: Aren't the farmer's markets great? Thanks for visiting, I'll definitely be posting more about Silver Bella as we get closer to it.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I love all fruit really but my favorite has to be cherries, peaches, pineapple and nectarines.

Hugs
Carolyn