Monday, July 27, 2009

Scrapbook Expo is Coming Soon

A few months ago or so, I signed up for some classes at the upcoming Scrapbook Expo on August 7 & 8. Last year I made this clock in one of the classes. The funny thing is that they don't show samples of the projects before you register, so you never quite know what you are going to make. I actually thought we were going to make a wall clock. But this is the clock we made and we were given the choice of three paint colors. They did not include white so I had to paint it green in class but the moment I arrived home, I painted over it in white. This year I am taking three classes including one by Tattered Angels, the company that makes Glimmer Mist. The other two are card classes - I can always use some premade cards.

With all my swap items to make for Silver Bella, I am now beginning to wonder why I signed up for these classes! I am almost finished with the first of my five swaps but still have four to go. No matter, I am a workshop junkie and always enjoy creating something. I'll just have to spend more weeknights working on my swaps. Almost one down, and four to go!

5 comments:

downhomeliving said...

That is so pretty, but i'm confused? I thought scrapbooking means just that?

I wish we had some kind of class here I have researched & I guess people around here tend to do out door things and not scrap which I love...ugh!

Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Linda

carole said...

Hi Sharon:
Youa re so talented!!! You stay busy and creating is a love that shows in you work!!!
Have fun and I can't wait to see what you have made.
hugs
carole

Jackleen said...

Gorgeous clock!

A Fanciful Life said...

Linda,
There is so much more to scrapbooking! You can use all the products (wonderful papers, flowers, ribbons, all kinds of embellishments) and use them to create other art pieces and decor. So you are right, this is not a scrapbook of any kind, but it's so much fun to be creative with the huge array of products.
Sharon :-)

Draffin Bears said...

I love your clock Sharon.
Good luck with all your classes and I hope you get your swap gifts finished. You will be busy.

Hugs
Carolyn