Saturday, July 18, 2009

Garage Sale Fun


Today I made the rounds on some local garage sales. I scored at one house where there was quite a bit of old jewelry. I got the four pins above which were my favorite pieces. At another house, the woman had several antique mirrors. I usually can't resist mirrors and have many in my home. It's to the point where I don't know where I would even hang another. However, I liked this sweet piece and had in my mind $20 tops as a price. When she said $10, I said "sold"! Not sure where I will hang it but I know it will make me happy to look at it.

5 comments:

Caleen said...

Hi!! Thanks for coming to visit me at my blog.. I love the pins you got while going to Yard sales. I know what you mean about mirrors.. I actually have quite a few, I had to give some to my Daughter.. Good Price too! I went early this morning to look also.. I usually do real well and find lots of great things.. I did find a book case for my Hubby to house all of his books.. (I have taken up most of the space)
I also went to an Estate sale and found some great crochet lace edging and sheet music for 25 Cents ea. and 2 great books for 25 cents.. Although I didn't score a lot, I am still happy.
Come visit again soon :)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Many thanks for visiting me today.
I love your vintage brooches and what fun to find them.
Also your mirror, I can't believe that you got that for $10 - it is so lovely.

Enjoy your weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Jodie LeJeune said...

Well look at you...Miss Garage Sale Queen! I love those pins, you did good! The mirror is so unique...I don't think I could have passed that one up either!
everything vintage

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Love your garage sale goodies! You really made out on your purchases, too!
See you next week at our Studio Hop! (Where Bloggers Create)
Blessings,
Donna

Queenmothermamaw said...

Sharon, what do you do with those pins? I have bookoos of them. My grands use them to make Ya Ya Sister hats.
QMM