Saturday, July 4, 2009

Flea Market Fourth

This morning, I went to the flea market at De Anza College in Cupertino. I've always wanted to go and today seemed the perfect day. As it turned out, it was. I left at 7:25am and got there just before 8:00am before it got too hot or crowded. It took almost four hours to get through it and it was apparently somewhat smaller today because it is a holiday. I had a great time perusing through so many things and came home with some vintage ribbon, glitter, a few items of clothing, some aprons, a sweet pink flower pin and more.

By the time I left, it had gotten pretty hot. I was so into the experience, that I didn't drink any water or eat as I couldn't wait to get to the next stall. Luckily, there is a humongous Whole Foods Market a block away so I went there for a yummy chicken "burger" with avocado, mushrooms and cheddar cheese, plus fresh strawberry lemonade. It was exactly what I needed after spending hours walking around the flea market in the hot sun. I think this is going to be my new tradition for the Fourth of July - what a perfect way to spend the day. I'd love to hear how you spent your holiday.

4 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

What a lovely day you had ~ that would be a perfect day for me.
I love the brooch you got and lucky that you found some other treasures.

I have been out in the garden this afternoon, planting two standard Iceberg roses and some sweet violas in my window box.
The rain that we are having will be good for them.
I will take some photos if the weather is fine tomorrow.

Hugs
Carolyn

Queenmothermamaw said...

Truthfully, I am dealing with a UTI. Nothing more to say.
QMM

TattingChic said...

That brooch is so very pretty! :)

RoyalTLady said...

Your brooch and is pretty. You are so artful... I showered my garden this morning... but the tomato plants (in the pots)are telling me... they want to be on the ground with more soil and free ways for their roots. They bend down due to height and weight... I guess I have cruel to them.