Friday, July 10, 2009

Cute Vintage


I absolutely adore these vintage glass salt and pepper shakers (filled with silver and gold German glass glitter, mind you). These were also in the package I received this week. Petite and sweet. Do you recognize the ballerina cake toppers? The funny thing about this is that I was specifcally looking for old salt and pepper shakers and these ballerinas when I went to the flea market last Saturday. Carole had no idea and had already mailed this package to me. Don't you love when that happens. The ballerinas bring back memories of a birthday I had as a young child with these on the cake. My mom barely recalls this but I'm sure I must have asked for them because I've thought about them all these years. And now I have them, sitting on a shelf just bringing back happy memories.

4 comments:

RoyalTLady said...

Sharon,

I used to have this ballerina in my jewelery musical box... long time ago...

Just love those glass salt n pepper shakers.

TattingChic said...

The ballerinas are cute and the salt and pepper shakers are pretty. I like the idea of using them for glitter storage! I love how you put the little rose cabochons in a heart shape in your previous post. Cute! Thank you for visiting earlier! :)

Jodie LeJeune said...

Hi Sharon!
I found you through Silver Bella and I must say, I've enjoyed reading and catching up with your blog...it is beautiful indeed! I can't wait to meet you in November!!!!
Your photography is awesome and I so enjoyed my visit...you have a new follower!!! :)
everything vintage

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I remember the little Ballerina's on a birthday cake I had one year, many years ago. Also had the black lacquered jewellery musical box with a ballerina that used to dance around on a mirror.
I love your little salt and pepper shakers and how neat that they have glitter in them.

Hugs
Carolyn