Thursday, June 11, 2009

Paper Source is Here!

I recently discovered a new Paper Source store opened not too far from my home. While I've received their catalog in the mail, I've never been to their store. Last Sunday seemed to be a great day to go, so off I went.

I had not realized their logo icon is a wasp, not a bee. I guess I never looked that close!

Oh, the papers! If you love beautiful papers, you would be in paper heaven.

Everything was beautifully laid out in the store - all a treat for the eyes.

I took my time and looked at just about everything they had in the store.

From papers, invitations, files, and rubber stamps to cards, gifts, silk ribbon and paper craft kits, they had quite an assortment.

I did not resist and made a few purchases including some wonderful file folders with birds on them and a sweet eraser with a bird motif.

I also found some fabulous Paris post it sticky notes for marking pages (I use those a lot).

After our visit, we visited Book's Inc. bookstore, bought some cupcakes at Kara's, ate dinner at Hobee's and then I went back for just one more item. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. This Saturday is their grand opening event. If you live near Palo Alto, you should stop by.

3 comments:

Queenmothermamaw said...

Oh I do love paper stores. Ours is at the Scrapbook shop. I love to make my own cards. I just buy plain with envelopes and either paint or decorate the cards. What do you do with your paper?
QMM

A Fanciful Life said...

Dear QMM,
Well, mostly I hoard it - ha ha! It took me a long to get over not using the really yummy paper but now that I do I'm much happier. I use mine for most any paper crafting project, from cards, books, scrapbooks and collage to 3D items such as cones, boxes and even a cake! Thanks for stopping by today. :-)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Your new paper shop looks amazing.
What fun it must be to go and look around there and buy some lovely paper there.

Hugs
Carolyn