Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Today is a day to celebrate dads. My dad will be joining my sis and I for lunch and spending the day together. I only have a few "dad chores" that I need help with today, but he likes helping out. My dad is on the left in the above photo (next to his brother). This looks like it was taken in the early to mid 1940's I'm guessing.

Here's my dad in 1957 with my mom on the porch of our house. I like the rolled up pant legs.

And here's Dad land I last year when he turned 84 years old. I'm lucky to have good genes on both sides of my family. Dad looks great for his age - his doctor always tells him he has the body of a younger man. And last week, my mom was told by a cashier that if only she was a senior, she could have gotten a discount on her purchase. Mom told her that she would by 80 next year, and a crowd of people gathered in disbelief! So today we'll have a nice ravioli lunch with freshly made ravs from the farmer's market, a salad with heirloom tomatoes, Pugliese sourdough bread, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. I'm using the Albion variety of strawberries as they are super juicy and sweet. Unfortunately, that strawberry vendor is moving to a market in San Francisco so it looks like I won't be able to purchase those any more. And for Father's Day, Dad will go home with a huge basket of fruits and veggies from the farmer's market. Happy Father's Day, Dad.

7 comments:

RoyalTLady said...

WoW! A beautiful potrait of a proud daughter with her dad!

I have lost my dad at a very raw age of a year old... so I never experienced growing up with a dad around...

Nevertheless, I am happy to share your joys in this post.

carole said...

Oh Sharon:
Have a great day with Tina & your handsome Dad!!!
Enjoy!!!
hugs to you
carole

carole said...

I forgot I see where you got your style with your Dad rolling his cuffs up. How cool is that!!!
hugs
carole

Queenmothermamaw said...

I love the 40's pictures. Looks like my dad's time period. He had his cigarettes in his t shirt sleeve. Blessing to your family
QMM

Kerry McKibbins said...

happy father's day!

boracay island philippines said...

Your are so lucky to have your dad.. belated happy fathers day..

Furniture removals said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.