Saturday, June 20, 2009

Busy Days

Ah, the weekend! Off to the farmer's market to stock up for a Father's Day lunch tomorrow. So much to do this weekend with shopping, cleaning (my least favorite chore) and visiting with friends today and hosting Dad tomorrow. I have to admit though that I do get satisfaction every time a spot disappears while cleaning the kitchen floor. Vacuuming, well, not really as fun.

Later in the day, I'll be off to the bookstore to check out the sewing and apron issues from Somerset magazine, just for some inspiration. The Silver Bella swaps have begun and I have many items to make. I've been jotting down ideas and sketches but have not fully crystalized them yet. I can't wait to get started; even I don't know what my artwork will look like yet! It's always interesting to see if the end result closely resembles the vision or if it takes on a life of its own.

How will you be spending this Father's Day weekend?

7 comments:

Queenmothermamaw said...

We have such a big extended family, we have to celebrate 2 days. We are having a big cookout tonight for HH and son and tomorrow will celebrate with daughter's in laws. I would like to hear about the Silver Bella. Must one be invited? Blessings
QMM

rochambeau said...

Have a wonderful time creating a beautiful celebration tomorrow for Fathers Day Sharon!
Will you be wearing an apron?

Sending smiles,
Constance

Rhonda Roo said...

Well, i just found your lovely blog and am already excited about what your tea party will be like just by the post about it!
My Dad is up in the hills of Tennessee, so we'll call and karaoke our love to him; and then we'll spoil Cowboy, my main man, with all his favorite things-total control of the remote, the neverending glass of iced tea, a big ol' steak and french fries (ugh my arteries!) and banana cream pie. Plus, he'll be right all day, no matter what he says. Hee.
Nice to meet ya!
I'll be back!
xoxoxo Roo

Natalie said...

I am going to make yummy cupcakes and barbecue for my dad!

A Fanciful Life said...

QMM, Silver Bella is a paper arts event in Omaha during November. It's really more than paper arts though - it includes jewelry and fabric arts as well. Those going can participate in swaps for things that will be exchanged at the event. I'm super excited - just click on the Silver Bella graphic in my side bar to learn more about it. Thanks for visiting today - I hope you enjoyed your cookout!

A Fanciful Life said...

Hi Constance,
I think I will wear my 60's look apron tomorrow while I prepare out lunch, just to get into the "apron" mood!

Natalie - got to LOVE those cupcakes! You go, girl!

Rhonda, how nice to make your acquaintance! Cowboy is going to be one lucky dude on Sunday. You're such a spoiler!

Thanks for visiting everyone!
Sharon

diving Boracay said...

Hi constance..

thanks for you lovely blog