Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Art That Happens To Be Your Life

This was the last week for Art That Happens To Be Your Life, the photography class that I've been taking for the last 12 weeks. I've enjoyed this class tremendously, learning so much valuable information. One thing I also learned was that while I enjoy photographing people, I really enjoy photographing non-people such as my cats, food, flowers and just things of interest and beauty that attract me. Allison Tyler Jones, who is a professional photographer and taught the class, is a wonderful photographer and shared so much of her knowledge and general experience. Most weeks we had an assignment to post and she then critiqued each one. Just as valuable was reading the critiques for the other students.

This week, I'm starting Repurpose, Rethink, Reinvent which Jenni Bowlin is teaching for the next 12 weeks. It's all about the creative lifestyle with a focus on vintage inspired art. I'm really looking forward to this class, too. As if I don't have enough to do with all my Silver Bella swaps! It all makes for a fun and memorable summer. What's on your list for the summer?

7 comments:

RoyalTLady said...

Your days seemed well and wisely spent ...

Mine would be back to "normal", taking care of Harith my only grandson, giving moral support to Harith's Mama (for her coming major exam won't be far off)... she is currently doing Masters in Family Medic... cooking whenever possible, watering my long neglected plants unless it rains, blogging without fail and of course visiting friends in this blogland.

Queenmothermamaw said...

Writing 11 stories for grands Christmas gifts. 6 paintings for my kids and blogging of course. As the result of all my blog friends I can sit back and enjoy my deck and patio. I got so many good ideas from them. Blessings
QMM

Brunch at Saks said...

Lovely photos! Just found your blog and love it. I have to agree with you- while photographing people is always fun, it is sometimes even more of a joy to capture simple things in life like our furry little ones, flowers, even a coffee cup!

kana said...

Sharon,
Your photos are always great, obviously the class was a good one!

carole said...

Sweet Sharon:
Bees, honey and you!!!
You are so nice.
Talk to you later
carole

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Lovely photos of your Miss Gracie.
Enjoy your Summer and hope that you get to do all the things you want to do.
It is Winter over here and raining today so lovely to come and visit some beautiful blogs.

Hugs
Carolyn

A Fanciful Life said...

Gosh! Silly me, asking what you are doing over your summer. Of course it's not summer for everyone! I promise to try and be better about that - I so appreciate everyone who comes to visit my blog from all corners of the world. Have a great day, wherever you are!

Sharon
xoxo