Thursday, May 21, 2009

Gracie and Nipper Pose for Class Lesson



A special hello to Carole from Nip and Gracie. You can't see their whole bodies in these pictures but that was actually the point. I was taking photos for last week's lesson in Art That Happens to Be Your Life, the photography class I'm taking. We were doing shots that did not include a whole person (or cat in this case) but rather just what was needed to convey something about them. So Nippy nicely posed for me underneath a tablecloth while Gracie played peek-a-boo behind the sheer curtain.

I'm enjoying taking the class although I'm finding it challenging to find subjects. Many of the women in the class use their children or other family members as subjects. Since I don't have children or many relatives for that matter, I don't have ready subjects at hand. Granted, I do love taking pictures of my cats and I know I have more photos of them than anyone or any thing else. However, I really would like more practice with people. Luckily, my coworkers have been very cooperative and indulge me. Then again, I can always find a cupcake. :-)

2 comments:

carole said...

Hi Sharon:
Gracie and Nip are the perfect subjects and pose just right. I like how Nips paws are "just so" in front of her : )
Have a great evening.
Thank you for the e-mail
peace
carole

Suz said...

Your kitties are too cute and the photos are great. I so need lessons on how to get my cats to look good in photos as they do in person. You know the weird eyes & all