Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Adventures in Garage Sales - Part II

Here are a few more of my finds... this wire bowl was just $1! What a great find. I went back the next day and purchased some faux food to go in it. I got a deal on some green apples and also a bag of ceramic oranges. They look perfect together. I love the antique feel of this piece.

At a different house, I found a little trove of vintage jewelry. I picked up a beautiful strand of pink pearls, two heart pins, and two pairs of rose earrings. Not sure yet where these are going to go or what project, but I know I'll find a use for them. I'm thinking maybe as embellishments for a project at Silver Bella.

More jewelry finds... the top left is a pin and the black rhinestone piece is a lone earring. Love the blue bling earrings I can pin onto something. The gold rhinestone earrings may find a home in the Wonderland Mobile class at Silver Bella in November.

I absolutely love this last set. Can you guess what this is? The set contains five bunnies and five cabbages. I will post the answer tomorrow. They are heavy metal (brass? pewter? not sure...). I got this for just $2 which I thought was hilarious because she wanted $5 for a plastic set of fruit and this was worth so much more to me.

3 comments:

kana said...

Sharon,

Loving your bling for Silver Bella! I am always on the look to add to my collection.

BonnieRose said...

wow.. amazing stuff.. that basket is wonderful!

carole said...

Hi Sharon:
Have fun in Omaha and please take lots of photos to share with us. The metal basket is so super. The rabbits and cabbages are cool/what magic do they hold?
You did good : )
peace
carole