Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Nipper, The Tuxedo Strawberry Cat

This cat loves strawberries. She eats them March - November when they are in season. A few years ago, she jumped onto the counter where I was cutting up strawberries for my lunch. She was so interested, I gave her a piece and she loved it. Since then, she automatically comes into the kitchen each morning to wait for her berry. This is one sad cat that can't have a strawberry.

Nipper is even picky about her berries, but I can't blame her. She knows the moist, sweet, deep red ones are the best. She will let out a little meow, then she crooks her head to bump me on my head which is her way of saying, well, I guess she is just saying thank you and hurry up please!

Here's Nip just waiting for me to help her with her berry. Sometimes she likes to pick the one she wants. I hold one up and either she'll bump it with her head or not. If she bumps it, I know she really wants that one! In November when they go out of season, I stop buying them. But come March, she knows it's spring and they are in season; I can see it in her face. Must be some natural feline instinct....

6 comments:

Rozette said...

Too cute!! My cat eats fruit also. Well he loves apple sauce.

KarenSue said...

too cute! I'm with her, the dark red ones, forget the ones with any orange colors!!

Lida said...

OMG, What a cute and special cat and smart!! That is too sweet

Janet said...

Awww, so precious! One of my kitties (Lily, who DOES look like your gray kitty) loves mandarin oranges. :-)

Kristi B. said...

are you sure she wouldn't like a little champagne with that berry?...lol
How cute!

Seanain said...

ahhh, good my cat has been wanting them. I've been considering it since he seems to have a touch of gingivitus (and payday is a week away). Strawberries are supposed to be good at clearing away plaque. Wasn't sure if everyday would be too much of a good thing for my little carnivore. If yours is going well then I feel better about it.