Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nature Walk

Sunday afternoon I took a walk along the pathway near my home. The water inlet comes from the bay, fed by the Pacific Ocean through the Golden Gate Bridge area. Across the water are the Oracle company headquarters in Redwood Shores. There is a walking bridge that connects the two pieces of land.

When I walk out here, I always look for egrets. They are such majestic, beautiful birds. I always spot at least a few of them. Besides the egrets, there are all kinds of shorebirds in assorted sizes. And of course, there are always plenty of ducks.

One neighborhood has water ponds in it which attracts the ducks. It's easy living for them as there is always somebody feeding them. At the next neighborhood, I spotted a patch of glorious cosmos in assorted colors. What a perfectly pleasant day to take a walk.





No comments: