Friday, March 27, 2009

National Craft Month Project #3

I whipped up this birthday card the other night. It is an embellished tag card. After foraging through my supplies for something that inspired me, I found a sheet of Daisy D tags that I'd had for a while. I bought it at a Scrapbook Expo a few years ago with some wonderful matching papers. I not a big tag person, but it occurred to me that it would make a great card. I simply punched out two coordinating tags and inked the edges with brown ink. Next, I rummaged through the giant ribbon stash until I found this yummy brown ribbon to thread at the top. Inside, I added a rub-on for that little extra pop. To decorate the front, I used a paper flower and attached the bling center. Done!

For the envelope, I simply stamped the edges with a flourish acrylic stamp from Fancy Pants in brown ink. Brenda Walton letter stickers were added for the name, and then I used Stickles over each letter for that added glitter sparkle. A happy end result!

2 comments:

noell said...

The tag is gorgeous! I love those colors together.

byondbzr said...

Beautiful!