Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Purim

This week, we celebrate the holiday of Purim at my place of work. One of the things I enjoy about my job is that I get to play photographer. Unfortunately, my Nikon is still out for repair so I had to resort to the old point and shoot. After using the Nikon so much lately, I noticed a big difference in my ability to take creative shots. I am anxiously awaiting its return, especially as I have a new Tamron 28 - 70mm f2.8 lens that just arrived and a Nikon 50mm f1.8 on its way right now. I am more than excited to see what I can do with those lenses.

The picture above is my favorite from today. Let me tell you, it's not easy photographing two and three year old kids as they move way too fast. However, I was able to capture these three little girls decked out as princesses as they got their nail polish applied at Queen Esther's Beauty Salon. The kids were so adorable dressed up in their costumes. Other than the princesses, I found the kids dressed as the cow, monkey, dog and peacock irresistable. All were darn cute but tomorrow is the day for us grown-ups to dress up. I look forward to this day each year as I don't want to miss an opportunity to dress up in costume. My beaded dress awaits!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Purim, where you work? Do you work at a Hebrew Day School??? I ask because I am of the tribe and not too many peeps like us are scrapbookers!

A Fanciful Life said...

Hi Rachel! No, I work at a Jewish Community Center but I am not a member of the tribe. However, I like to say I am an honorary member! But, I think you are right, there doesn't seem to be many scrapbookers amongst my coworkers. Luckily, I work in the marketing department so I am surrounded by creative people. Thanks for reading my blog and posting!