Saturday, March 14, 2009

Flowers, Flowers, and More Flowers


It's overcast and grey outdoors, but that doesn't stop me from thinking about spring flowers. There's nothing that excites me more than finding a bug on a flower as I'm photographing it.

Years ago, I would go to the annual Tulip Festival at Pier 39 in San Francisco to photograph the tulips. They would advertise 30,000 bulbs planted, which were spread in pots and fields throughout the pier area. That was in the days when I'd take my Minolta film SLR and macro lens. Love seeing instant results with the digital cameras today.

Another year, I went to the Portland Rose Garden and photographed the multitude of rose bushes and trees. Up on a terraced hill, roses of every variety waited for me, one by one.

It really doesn't matter where I am; when I'm out with my camera and I see a beautiful flower or plant, I must stop to grab a picture of it.

I'm looking forward to the bounty of flora that will soon arrive. Nature gives us wonderful opportunities to be creative and appreciate her gifts. And, it's almost here.

No comments: