Sunday, March 22, 2009

Finally Organized...My Craft Room

For the last three months, I've been taking the Big Picture Scrapbooking class, Get Organized and Be Inspired. It is based on the book The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker by Wendy Smedley. I had purchased the book a while ago when it came out but was not motivated enough to actually follow through on it. The class was just what I needed to start working on the room. This room is challenging because 1) it is used for the computer, 2) tv watching, 3) bill paying and 4) crafting, so there's a lot going on in this space. But, it's always for more fun and motivational when you do something in a group.

I was a little hesitant about taking it at first, since it seemed kind of weird because it was an online class and I still had to do all the work by myself, but it actually worked out really well. The lessons were great, the message board was really helpful with so many people posting questions, answers and just their thoughts and feelings about undertaking this big task. Everyone could post pictures in the gallery of their rooms and that's always fun to see. I'm really happy with the progress I made as it feels so much better to be in that room now. I still have quite a few things I need to find a home for elsewhere in the house and I have not yet tackled the closet, but it's one step at a time. My goal for the room was to have elements of French country, whimsey, shabby chic and a feeling of light and airiness. I have not put out all of my decor because it's just too much, so I might have to rotate things. As it is, Nipper my cat thought the feather Christmas tree was a big cat toy, so back in the closest that went! Did I accomplish my goal for this room? Let me know what you think...





11 comments:

Ivana Clay said...

Gorgeous! Love the entire space! :)

Scrappy Kind Of Girl said...

This is a beautiful space! You are one lucky lady to have such an inspiring space! :)

Monica M said...

Wow, what a great space! Enjoy it!

Jessica C said...

I LOVE your space! It looks like a doll house for scrapbooking! Beautiful. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog: I'm still looking for somewhere to house my office supplies too.

You did a great job!

Courtney said...

That is super cute! I love it! It is so well organized.

Dana said...

Wow! I love your space, it's so Pretty and Girlie. I have to share mine with a Man, he wouldn't let me add pink, so we have green instead.

Thanks for sharing!

Janet said...

Your space is absolutely beautiful! Wendy's book is wonderful.

erink88 said...

Wow, this is awesome! I am so jealous. I would love a room in my house that was so pretty and girlie, and ORGANIZED! Especially a scraproom. You did a great job.

Nancy W said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping in at my blog Loves To Create and commenting on my studio. I just took a self tour of your blog and your craft studio photos and love your space too! I have been considering some of those cubes, where did you get yours? hugs from Conroe, TX!

Sharon Giordano said...

Hi Nancy! Thanks for the kind words. Those cubes are the Crop In Style ones. I ordered them from Oriental Trading Company but they sell almost identical ones at Michaels and Target. You can use your coupon at Michaels and they often go on sale there. I really like them, they hold a lot and keep things looking neat. Thanks for visiting!

carole said...

Hi Sharon:
I really like your craft room. I would have your mannequin with her tutu in a heart beat. I am not a foo foo person at all but I like her!!! I can understand why the feather tree had to be relegated to the closet : )Have a pleasant long holiday weekend
peace & hugs
carole