Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Getting Organized (Again)

Do you have a lot of unfinished projects? I find that I always have quite a few, unfortunately. I say unfortunately because it's rare that I go back and finish them. Some are from classes that I've taken, but didn't get a chance to finish the project. Some are projects that I started but then moved on to something else. Some are actually what I call "projects waiting to happen"! Often I see pictures, products or items that inspire me, or just an idea I have, and the collected items sit waiting for that day when the motivation finally hits. Sometimes I just lose the motivation after I start.

Right now, I'm taking the Get Organized and Be Inspired class on Big Picture Scrapbooking. One of our tasks is to purge and sort our goods. So, I've come upon several of these unfinished projects. Taking this class has given me the courage to let go of things including some projects that I know I won't finish.

This picture of is my "all purpose" room. Aside from my art supplies, this is where the computer and tv are, as well as files upon files so a lot of different things happen in this room. My goal is to get really organized so I can create in a place where I truly feel inspired. I'll post again when I've finished with my organization and decorating. I've got a ways to go!






2 comments:

Casii said...

Oh, for the courage to let go of unfinished projects! Not there yet myself.

Love the light in your space !

BonnieRose said...

I purged my stuff a few years ago.. it felt so good.. u have a gorgeous sb room.. lucky girl... don't u just love wendy?? hugs bonnierose
I am in LOM with stacy!