Saturday, February 28, 2009

10 Reasons to Be Happy

I was doing my weekend ritual of eating a bowl of oatmeal while reading the newspaper, when I saw an article entitled "Chin Up, Folks: 25 reasons to be happy". It's especially important in today's times that we remember the things that make us happy and for which we are grateful. So in the spirit of focusing on the positive, I put forth my own list of 10, in no particular order:
  1. My cats, Gracie and Nipper
  2. Beautiful flowers
  3. Daylight savings time
  4. The colors pink and yellow
  5. Friends and family
  6. Indoor plumbing
  7. Butterflies
  8. The library
  9. Dark chocolate
  10. A sky full of stars

What makes you happy?


1 comment:

Staci said...

Great post! Lilacs, a student having a lightbulb moment, my son and my sweetie's hugs all make me smile.